Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

cantaloup milkshake with mint and cardamom


 We all know and enjoy Lassi, Mango lassi to be precise. In India, plain old sweet lassi is very popular. But United States seems to have welcomed the fruity version of it. I love it too. But when you run out of mangoes, and are too lazy for the grocery run, anything in your refrigerator will have to do. I was hoping for the Papaya I had purchased just 2 days ago. But that was gone too!!! FYI, Papaya Lassi is absolutely delicious, just in case you run out of mangoes and are dying to drink some form of Lassi. 

I saw something orange in the back of my fridge...aha, cantaloup!!! I always wondered what a melony lassi would taste like. I was about to find out. But it was like I was not meant to have Lassi that day, I was out of yogurt and that never ever happens in my house. Sigh!!! I was hell bound on making me a refreshing drink nonetheless. Cantaloup shake it was and not just any kind...with mint and cardamom! Delish!!!!

cantaloup milkshake with mint and cardamom

1 1/2 cup fresh cantaloup, roughly chopped
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon honey 
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
few sprigs of mint
Add all ingredients into a blender and pulse until combined. Pour into glasses and refrigerate till chilled before serving.

Replace 1 cup of whole milk by 1/2 cup yogurt + 1/2 cup milk and you got yourself some minty cantaloup Lassi.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo..This sounds nice and refreshing..Minty too..Yum! and I like the concept of variations of Lassi..Never thought about it..Giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY...first time on your blog...You have a nice space...This shake looks too good...happy to join you dear...Would love if you join me too at http://muchmorethanahomemaker.blogspot.com/
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv the interesting mix of unusual flavors! nice space, glad to follow u.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...